RE: DBA Job Functions

From: Sheehan, Jeremy <JEREMY.SHEEHAN_at_fpl.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2018 13:47:20 +0000

Agreed on the cloud! We’re moving that direction (just like everyone else) and I can see a good portion of this going away. Another piece that I forgot to mention is he wanted to know which activities would be considered project/non-project work. Pretty much everything I considered non-project is gone when in relation to the cloud.

Thanks for the reply!

From: Niall Litchfield [mailto:niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com] Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2018 4:43 AM To: Sheehan, Jeremy <JEREMY.SHEEHAN_at_fpl.com> Cc: oracle-l-freelist <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Subject: Re: DBA Job Functions

CAUTION - EXTERNAL EMAIL That's a pretty good list for the job as it is today. In a cloud world it will look quite different (half your list disappears) .

On 20 Feb 2018 19:19, "Sheehan, Jeremy" <JEREMY.SHEEHAN_at_fpl.com<mailto:JEREMY.SHEEHAN_at_fpl.com>> wrote: Hello Guru’s,

My boss is asking me to compile a list of typical job functions for a DBA. I came up with a brief list, but would like to hear any other recommendations that you might have. What he said was, “We don’t want to go into great detail, but not be too vague either. Somewhere between the 10,000ft and 1,000ft view.

Agile Work
Backup/Recovery
Change Deployment
Database Design