Re: DBA Job Functions

From: Powell, Mark <mark.powell2_at_dxc.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2018 19:42:06 +0000

Jeremy, have you considered the list of job responsibilities Oracle lists in the DBA Administration Guide?

https://docs.oracle.com/database/121/ADMIN/dba.htm#ADMIN11015

Getting Started with Database Administration - Oracle<https://docs.oracle.com/database/121/ADMIN/dba.htm#ADMIN11015> docs.oracle.com
To get started with database administration, you must understand basic database concepts, such as the types of database users, database security, and privileges. You ...

Mark Powell
Database Administration
(313) 592-5148

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> on behalf of Sheehan, Jeremy <JEREMY.SHEEHAN_at_fpl.com> Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2018 2:18:05 PM To: oracle-l-freelist
Subject: DBA Job Functions

Hello Guru’s,

My boss is asking me to compile a list of typical job functions for a DBA. I came up with a brief list, but would like to hear any other recommendations that you might have. What he said was, “We don’t want to go into great detail, but not be too vague either. Somewhere between the 10,000ft and 1,000ft view.

Agile Work

Backup/Recovery

Change Deployment

Database Design