Re: RMAN Incremental Strategy for Migrating VLDB

From: Balwanth B <balwanthdba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2018 18:11:43 -0700

Thanks for the reply. I am not against standby, I will propose the Standby strategy to management . On other hand, I was learning this method for my knowledge.

One question in line. You're answer will be helpful.

Backup dB on current server, including archive logs Restore and *recover* on new server (do not open DB). The next day, backup archivelogs and copy to new server (or just copy them).
*(question) can't I take incremental backup instead of just archive logs. If yes, In previous run if we run recover, then how I can apply incremental backup after running recover command. *
Catalog backup files or archive logs using rman ‘catalog start with...’ command.
Recover database on new server (do not open db). Repeat each day, or whatever interval is required.

 Your answer will be help ful

Thanks,

Balwanth