Aw: SCN_TO_TIMESTAMP(ORA_ROWSCN)

From: Michael D O'Shea/Woodward Informatics Ltd <woodwardinformatics_at_strychnine.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2018 20:33:44 +0100

Thanks for this Martin. I am in unfamiliar territory where the known details are „the DBA´s & infrastructure guys did something last weekend“, they only respond from offshore to each ticket or ticket response using a 48h SLA, there are some weird errors being observed in production systems at the moment, and I am grasping at straws. Please no-one ask me show the comedy code that uses SCN_TO_TIMESTAMP(...) :-(

Last weekend there was some DB upgrade/migration/restructuring from 11.2 to Oracle Database 12c Enterprise Edition Release 12.1.0.2.0 - 64bit Production, HPUX too. The details are scarce, but certainly not inconsistent with

> With transportable tablespaces you can get blocks from other DBs with much higher SCNs.

Regards

Mike