Re: Oracle Application Server for EBS 12.1.3 to 12.2.x

From: Alfredo Abate <alfredo.abate_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2018 09:06:35 -0600

My understanding for EBS is that yes you do get a "restricted use" license of both iAS/WebLogic and the Database if using EBS straight out of the box (plain vanilla). The minute you customize Java, a report, form, etc that involves the application stack, you pay for those iAS/WebLogic licenses. As soon as one custom object (schema, table, etc,) is created in the database you need to pay for the database licensing as well.

More details are available here.

http://www.oracle.com/us/corporate/pricing/application-licensing-table-070571.pdf

Also including my disclaimer from before.

Disclaimer: Ultimately what I just said means absolutely nothing until you contact your Oracle sales representative and confirm your current agreement with them on what's allowed. :)

Thanks,

Alfredo