Re: ASM Filter Driver Performance

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2018 10:34:12 -0500

On 01/28/2018 01:40 AM, Jared Still wrote:

> A major performance comparisons was not really the goal of my testing;
> it was a bit surprising to me to see that large IO improvements with
> ASM Filter driver.

Well  yes, that is why I said that we need a MOS paper. Oracle should say why did they create the new driver, why should we switch and what should be achieved by that.  By the way, strace will not help. Slabtop might, but not strace. Buffering is transparent to the system services.

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant