Re: Long running backups - OK?

From: David Hicken <utahtoad_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2018 21:02:07 -0700

I don’t understand how anyone that has gone through 6 audits would still call it HIPPA, and know that HIPAA has nothing to do at all with SOX. My job in my organization is HIPAA compliance and security. I probably understand HIPAA as well as anyone out there. We are audited annually. I have to be certified annually. If I showed the auditors a box of tapes, or unusable disk files, they’d laugh, if they had a sense of humor. My job, my livelihood, everything is in the line. All day. Every day. And it is not for one database, it is for close to 100 databases scattered throughout the country, accessed by hundreds of people in hundreds of hospital.

Strangely enough, in my previous job, I did the same thing with PCI, which does have issues with SOX, but that’s another day.

This conversation, at best is only slightly tangential and completely meaningingless to the OP. It is simply meant to try and stir the pot. Why?

David Hicken

"There is no reality.
It's only perception."