Re: ASM Filter Driver Performance

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2018 08:29:42 -0800

Hello Niall,

I should have included the redo stats in the blog article:

On Fri, Jan 26, 2018 at 3:45 AM, Niall Litchfield < niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Jared
>
> The AWR reports look a little odd to me. I'd expect a SLOB Update test to
> result in write I/O as well as read I/O. For comparison here's an output
> from a 25% update run I did recently.

1.56M per second of redo - this is from a test on a small VM.

Statistic                                     Total     per Second     per
Trans
-------------------------------- ------------------ --------------
-------------
redo buffer allocation retries                   25            0.0
 0.0
redo entries                                209,411          347.2
 2.1
redo log space requests                          37            0.1
 0.0
redo ordering marks                              14            0.0
 0.0
redo size                               938,657,620    1,556,388.0
 9,427.8
redo size for direct writes                       0            0.0
 0.0
redo subscn max counts                          703            1.2
 0.0
redo synch time                                   0            0.0
 0.0
Instance Activity Stats                     DB/Inst: ASMAFD/asmafd
redo synch time (usec)                        2,272            3.8
 0.0
redo synch time overhead (usec)             228,888          379.5
 2.3
redo synch time overhead count (                  8            0.0
 0.0
redo synch time overhead count (                  0            0.0
 0.0
redo synch time overhead count (                  1            0.0
 0.0
redo synch time overhead count (                  1            0.0
 0.0
redo synch time overhead count (                  1            0.0
 0.0
redo synch writes                                11            0.0
 0.0

Jared Still
Certifiable Oracle DBA and Part Time Perl Evangelist Principal Consultant at Pythian
Pythian Blog http://www.pythian.com/blog/author/still/ Github: https://github.com/jkstill