Re: ASM Filter Driver Performance

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2018 04:58:02 -0500

The numbers are extremelly suspicious. 20% of improvement means that there is a problem with the methodology. It is simply not possible that the disk drivers are responsible for such a performance increase. If that actually is the case, then there is an inescapable conclusion about the quality of RAC as a product. However, ASMLib provided roughly the same performance as raw disk devices, which are not Oracle software. I am waiting for Kevin Closson to comment on this one.

Mladen Gogala