Re: ASM Filter Driver Performance

From: Stefan Knecht <knecht.stefan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2018 08:07:08 +0700

Very nice write-up Jared!

It just seems very odd to me. Not because of your findings per se. But this is an Oracle product. If they did something to optimize performance, they must've been aware of this when they released the product. And if Oracle does something that makes something else 20-30% faster, you'd think they'd make a whole lot of noise about it :)

Could they be using a different syscall that does some implicit heuristic based caching or something else? And what we're seeing is actually a new Linux feature and not an Oracle feature?

Did you look at strace at all of any of those tests?

Stefan

--
//
zztat - The Next-Gen Oracle Performance Monitoring and Reaction Framework!