Re: The cost of Oracle in AWS

From: Sanjay Mishra <"Sanjay>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2018 23:52:47 +0000 (UTC)

 Upendra
The client is not worried from Licensing or Cost perspective as they want to stick one Cloud vendor for all needs. As we have only two Oracle Database on RAC 11g and upgrading soon to 12c and all others are Microsoft SQL Server.

So main requirement ask me to check as what are pros and cons of moving to Microsoft and if there are lots of issues then can keep Oracle internal and upgrade Hardware and Software. So want to see if someone is moved to Microsoft cloud and what are his experience ? Thanks for the link as that can also help me to understand on Licensing/Cost for own purpose. TxSanjay

    On Wednesday, January 24, 2018, 6:39:37 PM EST, Upendra nerilla <nupendra_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

 #yiv1134203929 P {margin-top:0;margin-bottom:0;}Sanjay,If you haven't looked at the licensing implications, here are a couple of good docs, to start..

http://www.oracle.com/us/corporate/pricing/cloud-licensing-070579.pdf
| Licensing Oracle Software in the Cloud Computing EnvironmentThis document is for educational purposes only and provides guidelines regarding Oracle's policies in effect as of January 23rd, 2017. It may not bewww.oracle.com |

Tim's commentary on the changes:https://oracle-base.com/blog/2017/01/28/oracles-cloud-licensing-change-be-warned/
| Oracle's Cloud Licensing Change : Be Warned! | The ORACLE ...Over the last couple of years I've been doing talks about running Oracle databases in the cloud. In both my talks and articles I refer to the Licensing Oracle ...oracle-base.com |

Good luck..
-Upendra
From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> on behalf of Sanjay Mishra <dmarc-noreply_at_freelists.org> Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2018 6:10 PM To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org; Matt Adams Subject: Re: The cost of Oracle in AWS How is anyone experience of using Oracle on Microsoft Azure. Our company is planning to go Microsoft cloud and currently our environment are Oracle 2-node RAC on Linux. Can someone share pros and cons of moving to Microsoft cloud. We are not going to Oracle Cloud as client has lots of Windows infrastructure and got very good deal in terms of Cloud infrastructure and reviewing if there is any benefit in moving the Oracle also to Microsoft cloud TxSanjay
On Monday, January 30, 2017, 9:31:21 AM EST, Matt Adams <MAdams_at_equian.com> wrote:

Just in case you missed it, Oracle just doubled to the cost of running in Amazon’s cloud.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/01/30/oracle_effectively_doubles_licence_fees_to_run_in_aws/

  • This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that disclosing, copying, or distributing of the contents is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy any copies of this document. ****