Golden Gate EXTRACT in Recovery Mode - anyone have experience with this?

From: Chris Taylor <christopherdtaylor1994_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2018 14:55:19 -0600

Version 12.1.2.1.170117

Taking two snapshots of the extract show tihs information. Seems to be "recovering" VERY SLOWLY. I'm wondering if there's any way to improve that speed or what.
The lag is falling futher and further behind. Currently at 8+ hours behind.

GGSCI>send extract EXT_ALL, status

EXTRACT EXT_ALL (PID 103187)
  Current status: In recovery[1]: Processing data

  Current read position:
  Redo thread #: 3
  Sequence #: 189108
  RBA: 14416893968
  Timestamp: 2018-01-21 10:27:58.000000
  SCN: 212.36813112 Then:

EXTRACT EXT_ALL (PID 103187)
  Current status: In recovery[1]: Processing data

  Current read position:
  Redo thread #: 3
  Sequence #: 189109
  RBA: 1099987112
  Timestamp: 2018-01-21 10:30:05.000000

The replicats were hung up this morning and we restarted both the extracts and the replicats and now the extract is in recovery mode and WAYYY behind it appears.

Just curious if anyone had any experience with this and could offer monitoring steps, general encouragement, words of warning, gnashing of teeth, you know, the usual....

Chris