Need some suggestions - DataGuard Physical Standby DB out of sync

From: Chris Taylor <christopherdtaylor1994_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2018 10:38:54 -0600

Here's the scenario:

12.1.0.2 Standby database fell behind by about 2 days - my question is at the bottom, past the scenario:

So, I followed:
* Steps to perform for Rolling Forward a Physical Standby Database using
RMAN Incremental Backup. (Doc ID 836986.1)*

And that "mostly" worked - the standby database recovered up to the fuzzy point and was able to open and continue recovering.

*HOWEVER*, datafiles were added to Prod while Standby Was Recovering.
So I followed:
*Steps to perform for Rolling forward a standby database using RMAN
incremental backup when datafile is added to primary (Doc ID 1531031.1)*

And that worked mostly - Database was open and begin applying archivelogs again.
*HOWEVER, *datafiles were AGAIN added while standby was recovering and
these new datafiles are NOT in the data dictionary of the standby.

So I "think" I need to follow *Doc ID 1531031.1 *again to get an incremental backup plus these new datafiles.

Problem is the incrementals take FOREVER because the database is so busy. An incremental takes about 24 hours on this busy system.

QUESTION:
. Am I missing something? I have this niggle that there's an easier way to add these datafiles to the standby controlfile and recover them without doing the incremental on the primary but I can't remember how?

Right now, the Standby is not complaining about the missing datafiles because it hasn't recovered that far yet through the archivelogs.

Chris