Re: Non-technical query about patching databases

From: Powell, Mark <mark.powell2_at_dxc.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2018 20:51:50 +0000

I would think two DBA's would be enough. The System Administrators can bounce the system if severe issues occur like a complete hang or perform one restart attempt if there is a crash. Crash recovery normally works.

But we do not allow both DBA's to take vacation at the same time.

Mark Powell
Database Administration
(313) 592-5148

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> on behalf of Steve Bradshaw <sjb1970_at_gmail.com> Sent: Wednesday, January 17, 2018 6:29:39 AM To: ORACLE-L
Subject: Non-technical query about patching databases

Hi,

I hope nobody minds me asking a non-technical question.

If you had approximately 50 databases, mix of live, test, development, no dataguard or RAC, what sort of staffing level would you expect to have in order to keep them patched to the latest PSU?

Thanks, Steve