Re: Non-technical query about patching databases

From: Chris Taylor <christopherdtaylor1994_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2018 09:33:29 -0600

I'll tag on to Rob's comment with this: It also depends on the maturity and organization of the company you work for. My current company's change control is immature. Everything is important, and many things are fire drills. For example: Refreshing a Demo database for the Sales team becomes "We must have it by Friday." We have a team of 3 FTEs, 1 Contractor and 2 auxiliary DBAs and we're covered up with stuff - and very little of it is patching at the moment.

So far, this week I've worked all last weekend and a total of 32 hours before today.

Chris