Re: External table performance

From: raza siddiqui <raza.siddiqui_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2018 11:41:22 -0800

Sanjay

Firstly, a 50k datafile is not big by any standards...

Secondly, when External Tables get to be fairly sizeable, one option could be to load the data into a temp table in the Database, use it then truncate once done.

Lastly, could the main select be the issue and not the External table or its data ?