Re: kdmsIMCURelease

From: Tanel Poder <tanel_at_tanelpoder.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2018 18:26:11 -0600

Thanks for a good excuse for geeking out ;-)

This stack trace shows that the problem happens during execution phase of your select statement - *selexe()*. The QEC in *qecrlssub()* means something like *Q*uery *E*xecution sql *C*apability checking.

And I guess you are hitting a bug when finishing a table or partition scan - *qertbRelease() *- Oracle tries to release a pin on some in-memory compression unit that it thinks has been pinned during the scan. Perhaps it thinks that some IMCU has been "opened" due to the capability check of whether a table/block region is cached in the IM columnstore. Or something like that (it's a bug, who knows).

But given that Oracle's trying to do IMCU checks when you don't even have tables cached in memory - try setting *alter session set **inmemory_query = false* (it's true by default) and rerun your query, maybe it alters the code path so it doesn't even hit this buggy codepath.

--
Thanks,
Tanel Poder

P.S. Oh, almost forgot to mention, I'm running my AOT seminar one more time
this year ;-)
http://blog.tanelpoder.com/seminar