Re: Ensure backups are archived prior to deleting from disk

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2018 12:39:07 -0500

On 01/04/2018 10:12 AM, Jeffrey Beckstrom wrote:
> RMAN can not access the tape drive since there is only one drive used
> by BackupExec that accesses multiple datafile and file servers.

Jeffrey, it seems that we have a misunderstanding. Are you using Oracle agent for Backup Exec or are you only using file system agent? RMAN can not access the tape drive anyway, it needs a 3rd party media layer management (MLM) to access the tape. For all MLM software on Windows, the MLM library is named "ORASBT.DLL". Backup-Exec puts its version in C:\Windows\System32. If you have a library called C:\Windows\System32\ORASBT.DLL, then you have Oracle agent for Backup-Exec and RMAN can ask Backup-Exec to backup your data files. Regards

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant