Re: Ensure backups are archived prior to deleting from disk

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2018 06:19:39 -0500

On 01/03/2018 03:26 PM, Jeffrey Beckstrom wrote:
> How are you ensuring that you do not miss backing up an rman file to tape?
> that is my problem too We use arcserv and the linux box doesnt know
> what is on tape. It may be possible to get a catalogue listing and
> compare that to what is on disk.
>
> Best Wishes
>
> Howard A. Latham
Hi Howard,
Well, arcserv is an older generation of backup products, which had its heyday while NetWare was still a thing. From what I hear, CA didn't do too much to keep it up to date and on the equal footing with other backup products. AFAIK, it doesn't have much of a CLI, but it does have libobk.so and Oracle agent, so you can use "backup backupset all" with a SBT channel. It all depends on your licensing agreement with CA. Regards

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA