Re: Login Slow on One Database using ArcGIS

From: Harmandeep Singh <singh.bedi_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2018 16:44:37 +0530

Hi Sallie,

I have worked on ArcGis on Oracle in past. And as per my experience, Arcgis is CPU intensive application. You can see many recursive sqls related to dba_Tab_columns and dba_ind_columns. Actually as per design of Arcgis, for more users/more user load, they need more cpus.

The reason for that (what I understood) is that user connection load increases, so the recursive calls increases and so to maintain better response time, they need more CPUs.

I feel you are also feeling the same issue when you are logging through application of GIS

Hope it helps

Regards,
Harmandeep