Re: server migration and running utlirp / utlrp

From: Jeffrey Beckstrom <JBECKSTROM_at_gcrta.org>
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2018 08:43:26 -0500

Ok. Thanks
>>> Jeff Chirco <backseatdba_at_gmail.com> 1/1/18 10:53 AM >>>
I am also migrating Windows to Linux and yes you have to do that. I had issues if that was not run.

Happy New Year!

On Fri, Dec 29, 2017 at 9:56 AM, Jeffrey Beckstrom <JBECKSTROM_at_gcrta.org> wrote:

Migrating Windows to Linux by following note 1401921.1. Both servers are 64 - bit.

Do I need to do step 11 of the note which involves running utlirp to invalidate everything followed by utlrp to do a compile? The document is showing an example of 64 to 32 bit migration. Since both of my servers are 64 bit, is this step really necessary?

Jeffrey Beckstrom
Lead Database Administrator
Information Technology Department
Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority 1240 W. 6th Street
( https://maps.google.com/?q=1240+W.+6th+Street+Cleveland,+Ohio+44113&entry=gmail&source=g) Cleveland, Ohio 44113
( https://maps.google.com/?q=1240+W.+6th+Street+Cleveland,+Ohio+44113&entry=gmail&source=g)