Re: OEM 12c (12.1.0.5) generating too many alerts on Metrics "Logons Per Sec"

From: Kellyn Pot'Vin-Gorman <dbakevlar_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2017 12:38:44 -0700

As I proceed forward, can you tell me- is this coming from this one host or more than one host with database?

So let's start with the important aspects of the notification, bypassing what we don't need to worry about, (or shouldn't have to...)

The rule set we need to work with is *MTC_MECC_DMAS*

  1. In this rule, we need to determine, do you currently have this rule set configured for *Warnings* and *Critical*? You may need to duplicate the rule to a second one and separate the two, so you still receive critical and can silence warning notifications for this metric.
  2. You can then choose to edit the rule set, go to the rule: *MTC_MECC_DMAS Incident All Targets,Create incident for critical metric alerts*
  3. Catagory: Load
  4. Next, the Metric Group: Server_Adaptive_Threshold_Metric- Notice that this says "Adaptive". Keep that in mind for a metric that doesn't have a distinct threshold value but one that adapts to the system load.

I would consider the following:
If, IF, it's only this host or a group of hosts that are impacted by this warning alert that you don't want to have notifications for, consider isolating this group/host from the rule for warnings and not have it alert on this one metric.

-This is easily done by right clicking on the existing rule and duplicating it inside the rule set and then update the original to alert on critical and the second one to only alert on warnings.

In the rule for warnings, either remove this metric alert, edit the metric to exclude this host.

Using the blog post I originally sent you, you can silence this alert while having consistent and important information continue to be alerted on, but you'll need to break down your rules, which can be seen in this post, here: http://dbakevlar.com/2013/09/em12c-enterprise-monitoring-part-v-warning-management/

Thank you, let me know if you need more assistance. Kellyn Pot'vin-Gorman

[image: --]

Kellyn Pot'Vin-Gorman
[image: https://]about.me/dbakevlar
<https://about.me/dbakevlar?promo=email_sig&utm_source=product&utm_medium=email_sig&utm_campaign=chrome_ext>