Re: OEM 12c (12.1.0.5) generating too many alerts on Metrics "Logons Per Sec"

From: Ashoke Mandal <ramukam1983_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2017 07:17:02 -0600

Hi Kellyn, Here is the details of the alert. This alert is is coming too many times and flooding my Inbox. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks, Ashoke

Host=*<Host_Name>*
Target type=*Database Instance*
Target name=*<DB_Name>*
Categories=*Load*
Message=*Metrics "Logons Per Sec" is at 149.676* <
https://gva04cn1.lau.medtronic.com:7800/em/redirect?pageType=sdk-core-event-console-detailEvent&issueID=600D37F6B8350327E054001B2194CD2D> Severity=*Warning*
Event reported time=*Dec 26, 2017 6:02:38 AM MST* Operating System=*SunOS*
Platform=*sparc*
Associated Incident Id=*2606*
<https://gva04cn1.lau.medtronic.com:7800/em/redirect?pageType=sdk-core-event-console-detailIncident&issueID=613EE5C7DFBA26EDE054001B2194CD2D> Associated Incident Status=*New*
Associated Incident Owner=
Associated Incident Acknowledged By Owner=*No* Associated Incident Priority=*None*
Associated Incident Escalation Level=*0* Event Type=*Metric Alert*
Event name=*Server_Adaptive_Threshold_Metric:instance_throughput__logons_ps* Metric Group=*Server_Adaptive_Threshold_Metric* Metric=*Cumulative Logons Per Sec
<https://gva04cn1.lau.medtronic.com:7800/em/redirect?pageType=sdk-core-metric-details&timePeriod=byDay&metric=Server_Adaptive_Threshold_Metric&target=thdmas.dmas.medtronic.com&metricColumn=instance_throughput__logons_ps&type=oracle_database&keyValue=SYSTEM>* Metric value=*149.675702644271*
Key Value=*SYSTEM*
Rule Name=*MTC_MECC_DMAS Incident All Targets,Create incident for critical metric alerts*
Rule Owner=*SYSMAN*
Update Details:
Metrics "Logons Per Sec" is at 149.676
Incident created by rule (Name = MTC_MECC_DMAS Incident All Targets, Create incident for critical metric alerts; Owner = SYSMAN).