RE: Cusror: Pin S wait in X

From: Paul Houghton <Paul.Houghton_at_uis.cam.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2017 12:01:36 +0000

My understanding is that this is caused by parsing the same statement multiple times, i.e. cursors not sharing. You need to try and figure out the reason. I just wrote a blog post about this – see http://people.ds.cam.ac.uk/psh35/blog/post/parsing/. I found Carlos Sierras script (linked from the post) really helpful as you see.

Check that you aren’t encountering bug 20476175 if you are 12CR1.

I have just ventured into blogging by the way, and would welcome any constructive criticism. Please email me directly with that.

I hope this helps.

Paul Houghton

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Stefan Knecht Sent: 19 December 2017 06:39
To: dmarc-noreply_at_freelists.org
Cc: Oracle-L Freelists <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Subject: Re: Cusror: Pin S wait in X

More details are needed to give you any kind of specific answer:

Stefan

--
//
zztat - The Next-Gen Oracle Performance Monitoring and Reaction Framework! Visit us at zztat.net<

On Tue, Dec 19, 2017 at 4:59 AM, Sanjay Mishra <dmarc-noreply_at_freelists.org<mailto:dmarc-noreply_at_freelists.org>> wrote: Can some one suggest what can be done to stop these wait as it coming as topmost event for multiple SID ? I tried to following 786507.1 doc to identify the session but if I kill one session another one comes up. I even bounced the Instance one by one but this still continues. Any suggestion as else had to open Oracle ticket due to slowness been reported. Ashtop shows all top 20 listed process with same Waiteven and with one same SQL id

TIA
Sanjay