Re: Cusror: Pin S wait in X

From: Stefan Knecht <knecht.stefan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2017 13:39:12 +0700

More details are needed to give you any kind of specific answer:

  • What Oracle version exactly?
  • What are these sessions running? (Query + Plan)
  • Does the query run in parallel?
  • Does the query use bind variables?
  • You can also look in x$mutex_sleep to see the most active mutexes (it's likely Cursor Pin but might be something else on the off chance). Snap it a few times and compare to see what's actively being used right now.

Stefan

--
//
zztat - The Next-Gen Oracle Performance Monitoring and Reaction Framework!