Re: Comparing apples to apples on Exadata

From: Will Beldman <wbeldma_at_uwo.ca>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2017 16:09:30 -0500

I checked the segment advisor and I think this might be coming in to play as well.

Database 1 shows no problems.

Database 2 shows the table is 49.00% chained rows and recommends a shrink: Reclaimable Space (MB):
1,362.83

Allocated Space (MB):
3,458.00

Used Space (MB):
2,095.17

I tried to execute a shrink on the table on Database 2 but I get:

begin
EXECUTE IMMEDIATE 'alter table "SYSADM"."##TABLE_NAME##" enable row movement'; EXECUTE IMMEDIATE 'alter table "SYSADM"."##TABLE_NAME##" shrink space'; end;
Error report -
ORA-10631: SHRINK clause should not be specified for this object
ORA-06512: at line 3
10631. 00000 - "SHRINK clause should not be specified for this object" *Cause: It is incorrect to issue shrink on the object *Action: Verify the object name and type and reissue the command

?!
(and yes, I have the right object name. ##TABLE_NAME## is just a placeholder I'm putting in this thread.)