RE: Oracle License for Optional Packs Question

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_westnet.com.au>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2017 05:38:24 +1100

In particular, do NOT do this on your EM repository database if you’re using Enterprise Manager!

Had a customer do that once, and it took eons to recover from it!

Pete

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Stefan Knecht Sent: Friday, November 17, 2017 10:11 PM To: oracle_at_dunbar-it.co.uk
Cc: Nagaraj chk <nagaraj.chk_at_gmail.com>; oracle-l <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Subject: Re: Oracle License for Optional Packs Question

Interesting! I did not know about that, and it even seems to work:

SQL> create table foo (x int ) partition by range (x) (partition p1 values less than (100));

create table foo (x int ) partition by range (x) (partition p1 values less than (100))

*

ERROR at line 1:

ORA-00439: feature not enabled: Partitioning

However, I'd be careful doing this on production, since it will relink your Oracle binary:

-bash-3.2$ chopt disable partitioning

Writing to /u00/app/oracle/product/11.2.0.4/install/disable_partitioning.log. <http://11.2.0.4/install/disable_partitioning.log.> ..

/usr/bin/make -f /u00/app/oracle/product/11.2.0.4/rdbms/lib/ins_rdbms.mk <http://11.2.0.4/rdbms/lib/ins_rdbms.mk> part_off ORACLE_HOME=/u00/app/oracle/product/11.2.0.4 <http://11.2.0.4>

/usr/bin/make -f /u00/app/oracle/product/11.2.0.4/rdbms/lib/ins_rdbms.mk <http://11.2.0.4/rdbms/lib/ins_rdbms.mk> ioracle ORACLE_HOME=/u00/app/oracle/product/11.2.0.4 <http://11.2.0.4>

On Fri, Nov 17, 2017 at 5:53 PM, Norman Dunbar <oracle_at_dunbar-it.co.uk <mailto:oracle_at_dunbar-it.co.uk> > wrote:

Look at the chopt utility supplied eith your Oracle version. Run it without parameters snd it will tell you what xan and cannot be disabled/enabled.

It fiffers between releases.

Cheers,
Norm.

//
zztat - The Next-Gen Oracle Performance Monitoring and Reaction Framework! Visit us at zztat.net <http://zztat.net> | Support our Indiegogo campaign at igg.me/at/zztat <http://igg.me/at/zztat> | _at_zztat_oracle -- http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l