Overhead of Dataguard

From: Jack van Zanen <jack_at_vanzanen.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2017 14:21:39 +1100

Hi All

I was wondering if anyone had done any testing on the overhead of Dataguard on the primary system?

We would like to setup dataguard for one of our systems and the business can most likely not accept a performance degredation of the nightly batch job.

Now I understand that we have to turn on force logging and depending on the amount of nologging that is happening in the batch this could be a considerable overhead, I am just wondering besides this what the impacts are in maximum performance and maximum availability and maximum protection mode. I can turn on force logging without having to set up dataguard.

Let's assume for now that the network can keep up with the changes.....

Jack van Zanen

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential material for the sole use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies. Thank you for your cooperation

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue Nov 14 2017 - 04:21:39 CET

Original text of this message