Re: Trying to understand PGA usage (20GB) for ONE process/session

From: Stefan Koehler <contact_at_soocs.de>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2017 18:44:26 +0100 (CET)

Hey Chris,

and here we go ... category "Other" is not under control of pga_aggregate_target (and its sub-limits like _pga_max_size, etc.).

Depending on your Oracle version you have to dump the PGA/UGA heap or you can use view V$PROCESS_MEMORY_DETAIL to drill down further more. I had a talk about this and you may find it useful for troubleshooting:

You also can drill-down into bug / memory leaks and find the corresponding code part very easily ...

Best Regards
Stefan Koehler

Independent Oracle performance consultant and researcher
Website: http://www.soocs.de
Twitter: _at_OracleSK

Chris Taylor <christopherdtaylor1994_at_gmail.com> hat am 13. November 2017 um 18:33 geschrieben:

That query confirms the usage:

SID

SPID

TOTAL_ALLOCATED

PID

SERIAL#

CATEGORY

ALLOCATED

USED

MAX_ALLOCATED

CON_ID

100

161947

27389800644

805

172

SQL

69598064

24

87929160

0

100

161947

27389800644

805

172

Other

27320114452

27320114452

0

100

161947

27389800644

805

172

PL/SQL

88128

9216

95288

0

Now I need to understand how one session can be allocated that much (outside of a bug/memory leak).

Chris
-- http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Mon Nov 13 2017 - 18:44:26 CET

Original text of this message