Re: Another licensing Q

From: Franck Pachot <franck_at_pachot.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2017 15:29:01 +0000

Hi,
Disabling cores in BIOS is not recognized by LMS. The fact that you need to reboot doesn’t matter for them. It is ok in ODA because you do it with a command provided by Oracle so that it is recorded (even if it is just a perl script writing in a text file).
Install OVM and configure it as hard partitioning and then you can licence only the cores required, and use the others for other apps. Regards,
Franck