RE: I, for one, do not hate perl...

From: Mark W. Farnham <mwf_at_rsiz.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2017 17:43:30 -0400

You can write bad code in any language.

You can write good code in several languages.

Writing good code in any language requires a commitment to intending it to be easily read as to purpose and function.

Some languages, like LISP, require both extreme discipline and extreme current fluency to read, write, and function well, and some languages are most prone to accumulating rust.

mwf

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Norman Dunbar Sent: Wednesday, November 01, 2017 4:54 PM To: Reen, Elizabeth ; ORACLE-L
Subject: RE: I, for one, do not hate perl...

Speaking as a Cobol, Assembly (MC68000 and Z80) programmer, amongst others, i have to admit that no matter how much I tried, Perl and Common Lisp gave me grief. Always. Mladen's 'camel' code is a prime example of why Perl should have been destroyed at birth!

I do hate Java though!

;-)

Cheers,
Norm.