Re: DataGuard Broker opinions please.

From: Seth Miller <sethmiller.sm_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 12:09:19 -0500

Howard,

I use it every day and it has not failed me yet. I have found that people that don't like it, say it is unreliable, etc. expect it to make DG simpler or easier. It does not reduce the complexity nor the requirements of DG. It is simply an orchestration tool on top of an already complex product. The biggest advantages are the amount of time it saves in setup and management of DG, the reduction of possible errors, and most importantly, it saves time and effort during switchovers/failovers.

Seth Miller