Re: Monitoring Oracle with Nagios?

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2017 16:17:19 -0400

I used Nagios only to look for certain critical events, like the running out of space,  ORA-00600, ORA-07445 or ORA-01555. For the performance analysis, I wrote my own tool, based on PHP. It's still available on mgogala.freehostia.com, but not maintained in the last 5 years. One thing that I know to no longer be functional is trace file analysis, since TRCA is deprecated in Oracle 12c. I will put SAP Hana version of the SCOTT/TIGER account this weekend. At the moment, I am on the O'Hare airport, waiting for my flight. Writing a monitoring tool is not as complex as it looks. I would need to completely rewrite it using PHP 7, but I am fairly busy and don't have time. Maybe, when I retire... Regards

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA