Re: Monitoring Oracle with Nagios?

From: Martin Berger <martin.a.berger_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2017 19:27:31 +0200

I agree in the criticism on existing plugins (at least they never did what we needed years ago when nagios was introduced).
so we defined a VIEW which is a select on a pipelined FUNCTION. this function calls several other functions, based on config tables/values. by this construct we (DBAs) can monitor whatever we want (and can write in SQL & PL/SQL)
and Nagios can collect & report the numbers, values, text, ... we create.

it's not perfect, but better than anything we found available.

--
Martin Berger         +43 660 2978929 <+436602978929>
martin.a.berger_at_gmail.com _at_martinberx <https://twitter.com/martinberx>