Re: Monitoring Oracle with Nagios?

From: Patrick Jolliffe <jolliffe_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2017 14:32:37 +0800

Mark,
Yes we are using Nagios extensively for database monitoring. We have perl wrapper that executes on Nagios host, connects to database and calls pl/sql functions to do the actual check (return 0 for success, 1 for warning etc)
For sure, it is not as feature rich as other solutions, but much much simpler.
There are some plugins available, but they never do exactly what you want, so end up having to make modifications, or code new ones. Patrick