Question - FLB (flashback log) files - odd location

From: Chris Taylor <christopherdtaylor1994_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2017 12:15:49 -0500

I've been hunting and coming up empty on this.

We have our database parameter "db_recovery_file_dest" set to PathA yet we have the database writing additional FLB files to PathB.

I cannot figure out why there are FLB files getting written to PathB - there's no parameter pointed to PathB. Is a way that an object could be setup to specifically write flashback logs to a different location? I've tried querying DBA_SOURCE but I don't see any references to PathB.

I'm really puzzled by this behavior. There is no alter system statements occurring to change the flashback location so why would Oracle choose to write to a different path?

We have used PathB in the past to hold flashback logs but these appear to be new files being written to the old path.

Regards,
Chris