Re: packages - one file or separate

From: William Robertson <william_at_williamrobertson.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2017 18:04:47 +0100

Presumably how you organise these things will depend on how your build works. The advantage of having all PL/SQL in a single folder is that a build script can go through it running everything. If you did that, you wouldn’t want your tables in the same folder. If the build has to manage multiple schemas, you would also need either a strong naming convention (e.g. object.schema.ext) or else separate folder structures.

If the build consists of patch scripts that call the main package/view/table etc scripts, the structure matters a bit less.

William

On 19 Oct 2017, at 18:30, Norman Dunbar <oracle_at_dunbar-it.co.uk> wrote:

Hi Jeff,

Normally, I would have a project folder beneath my SourceCode folder, for each different project. Whether I have separate folders under that depends on the project, but I've never split out my procedures, functions, packages,bodies rtc to separate folders.

Pl/sql, sql scripts, setup stuff and docs in separate folders, but not much more than that.

Hth.

Cheers,
Norm.