Re: Converting from a 2-node RAC cluster using ASM to a single instance with Oracle Restart.

From: Seth Miller <sethmiller.sm_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2017 11:47:14 -0500

Zabair,

If you are moving from a RAC cluster to another server, the easiest way to do this is to create a new instance on your single instance server and restore a backup from the RAC database. You can reuse the control file or create a new one; the latter probably being the better option so you don't have to delete a bunch of extra online redo logs and remap the data file locations. You will have at least one extra undo tablespace but those can simply be dropped after the restore is complete.

Seth Miller