Re: AWS RDS Detecting failover

From: Steve T. Baldwin <stbaldwin_at_msts.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2017 06:41:37 +0000

Hi Jeremiah,

Did you hear anything back from the Multi-AZ folks? I have confirmed this 'issue' is not Oracle specific. It also occurs with Postgres failovers. It got me wondering if the issue would still present in a 'real' failover (i.e. catastrophic failure of an AZ) or if maybe this 'issue' is related to the simulated 'reboot-with-failover' implementation.

Thanks,

Steve

From: Jeremiah Cetlin Wilton <jcwilton93_at_earlham.edu> Sent: Thursday, 5 October 2017 8:55:05 AM To: Steve T. Baldwin
Subject: Re: AWS RDS Detecting failover

Hi all, let me check with the Multi-AZ folks and get back to you.

Thanks,

Jeremiah

For information, here's an AWS forum post (https://forums.aws.amazon.com/thread.jspa?messageID=689877) from around 2 years ago where someone asks about the lag in publishing DB events.

The forum post was never answered and the support analyst responding to my query couldn't give an answer to me asking if/when this would be improved.

Steve

This email is intended solely for the use of the addressee and may contain information that is confidential, proprietary, or both. If you receive this email in error please immediately notify the sender and delete the email.