Fw: Oracle IP and Unwrapping PL/SQL Code

From: Powell, Mark <mark.powell2_at_dxc.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2017 13:11:41 +0000

Forgot to copy list.

Mark Powell
Database Administration
(313) 592-5148

From: Powell, Mark
Sent: Friday, October 13, 2017 9:10 AM
To: rgravens_at_gmail.com
Subject: Re: Oracle IP and Unwrapping PL/SQL Code

The proper way to protect intellectual property is via copyright law and patents, not by obscuring the source. All code will eventually need to be tuned or debugged and wrapped code interferes with that process. My advice is to avoid purchasing any product that does not provide the source.

Mark Powell
Database Administration
(313) 592-5148

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> on behalf of Rumpi Gravenstein <rgravens_at_gmail.com> Sent: Friday, October 13, 2017 8:55:50 AM To: oracle-l-freelists
Subject: Oracle IP and Unwrapping PL/SQL Code

I see that there are websites out there now that will unwrap wrapped PL/SQL for you for free. See https://www.codecrete.net/UnwrapIt/. Is Oracle or anyone working on taking these sites down? Does Oracle have an official stance on how to better protect any IP you may have in PL/SQL code?

Unwrap It! Unwrap PL/SQL Code<https://www.codecrete.net/UnwrapIt/> www.codecrete.net
Unwrap It! Unwraps PL/SQL Code

--
Rumpi Gravenstein