Re: PGA_AGGREGATE_TARGET, AUTO PGA TARGET and WORKAREA_SIZE_POLICY

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2017 15:54:44 -0400

Actually, stack is not shared. Stack is a part of each process address space. And I am not at all sure that some global values for the process are not pushed to the stack, which would technically make them a part of PGA. And as for quotes around bss, that is a real segment, at least for the Unix/Linux implementations.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.bss

BSS is also not shared, because it contains initial values of statically allocated variables, which can probably differ from process to process. I have to confess that I am not quite sure about .bss being shared or not.

Regards

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA