Re: PGA_AGGREGATE_TARGET, AUTO PGA TARGET and WORKAREA_SIZE_POLICY

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2017 18:57:16 -0400

Hi Ravi,

I know that this is unexpected, but Oracle actually puts the documentation on the Internet for free. The first thing I would try is this:

https://docs.oracle.com/database/121/REFRN/GUID-E364D0E5-19F2-4081-B55E-131DF09CFDB3.htm#REFRN10328

This document has a section with the title "What happens when PGA_AGGREGATE_LIMIT is exceeded". I will not ruin you the pleasure of reading the documentation by telling you the ending.

Regards

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA