Re: DBLink from Oracle to SQL Server

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2017 00:03:43 -0400

There is Oracle heterogeneous gateway which can use any ODBC driver. If you are on Linux, the ODBC driver is FreeTDS. Oracle ODBC gateway is free, but does not support distributed transactions. You can query or update, but only a single database at a time. Here is documentation:

https://docs.oracle.com/database/121/ODBCU/intro.htm#ODBCU100

Here is some help from always helpful Tim Hall:

https://oracle-base.com/articles/misc/heterogeneous-services-generic-connectivity

Easysoft, the ODBC driver vendor, also has some instructions:

http://www.easysoft.com/applications/oracle/database-gateway-dg4odbc.html

Finally, MS SQL Server driver for Linux is here:

http://www.freetds.org

May the force be with you!

Last time I was playing with it, it took me a week to get it right. Use the Google, my young padawan, use the Google.

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA