Re: GLOBAL_NAMES Domain is not going away (forcing a change)

From: Andy Klock <andy_at_oracledepot.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2017 12:15:16 -0400

On Fri, Sep 22, 2017 at 10:52 AM, Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco < jcdrpllist_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you Andy, but I don't have, I checked, is a new problem I didn't
> have.

Fair enough.

This old 9i bug seems to match your situation:

Bug 1890827 : ALTER DATABASE RENAME GLOBAL_NAME DOES NOT SEEM TO RESET DOMAIN NAME My only recommendation would be to open an SR and get Support's blessing on the right fix because you really should never be updating SYS.PROPS$ manually (or SYS anything for that matter).

Thanks,

Andy K