Special oracle-l promotion for zztat - the next-gen Oracle framework!

From: Stefan Knecht <knecht.stefan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2017 19:28:55 +0700

Hi all

After getting Mark's blessing, I am pleased to be able to offer you all a special promotion today!

The past four months I have been working full-time on a new framework that aims to solve the many repetitive tasks and issues many of us DBAs are faced with on a daily basis. There's loads of monitoring software out there, both from large corporations and free open source tools, but, what in my opinion is missing, is a built-in ability to react to certain conditions automatically.

Let me elaborate.

How many of you folks get paged at night only to add a data file to a tablespace that's about to run full or to kill a runaway batch job that will automatically restart itself?

Have you ever been stuck investigating a performance problem or instance hang because the data you needed wasn't available?

Did Oracle support ask you to reproduce a problem one more time first, before being able to help you, because you don't have a systemstate dump at the time your database was hanging?

If you can answer any of the above questions with a resounding Yes! - then zztat may just be the perfect thing for you :)

At its core, zztat is a monitoring and reaction framework. It collects data, analyzes it and then automatically reacts. In zztat's own terms, these are metrics, gauges and reactions. The metric takes the snapshot of the data, the gauge filters out the data points of interest, and the reaction then acts on them.

You can do things like automatically adding data files to your tablespaces as long as there is space in ASM for them, automatically terminate blocking sessions based on any criteria you define, or collect hanganalyze or systemstate dumps automatically (but not too often) when the instance is severely impacted. Of course you can also trigger traditional alerting via email or other channels.

And since zztat is a framework with a very elaborate API, you can easily add your own - the limit is your imagination!

Right now, the framework is feature-complete and stable and is ready for beta testing. There is a crowdfunding campaign on Indiegogo to help me get it through to the final stages and ready for the market.

Which brings me to the special promotional offer I'd like to make exclusive for oracle-l members today: if you opt in to the beta package for only $29, you will receive a free zztat basic 1 year package for 1 database, valued at $119! All you need to do is reply to this email with your name (to me privately) before getting the perk on Indiegogo.

Would you like to know more?

Our campaign page has a lot of details: http://igg.me/at/zztat Our blog is growing daily: http://www.zztat.net/blog Our wiki at http://www.zztat.net is also constantly being updated and will be complete with the beta release date next month. More about me: https://www.linkedin.com/in/stefan-knecht-83099877/

Cheers

Stefan

--
//
zztat - The Next-Gen Oracle Performance Monitoring and Reaction Framework!