Re: Oracle CPU Time Used, vs CPU Time Available (CPU Capacity)

From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2017 11:40:18 -0500

I once spent several days trying to figure out the information from the dba_hist* tables. I never really managed to get a calculation I was happy with, but you can start with dba_hist_sysmetric_summary, look at 'CPU Usage Per Sec' and 'Background CPU Usage Per Sec'. You get entries for each snapshot, so you can get a decent idea of what oracle sees. But I really have no good idea how accurate that is going to be. Especially with multiple db instances on a server.

--
Andrew W. Kerber