Re: 12.2 RAC: grant visible on one node only?

From: vit\.spinka <vit.spinka_at_vitspinka.cz>
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2017 00:13:40 +0200

Thanks for all the replies. I will patch the cluster to 12.2.0.1.170516 (or higher) and try again. (Since this is just a test/dev environment, we usually don't care much about patching.) As to sate your curiosity why I read the tables directly and not the DBA views: accessing the sys tables directly means that I can take a snapshot as of a fixed SCN (hence the flashback grant) and then I can track all changes done to that table (by reading redo logs). This way, I have full history of the changes. It's what Streams used to call "multiversioned copy of [] primary dictionary". Since you inevitably have to ask "what on Earth I'd use that for", I'll answer that question, too: it's part of Dbvisit Replicate, a logical replication tool that reads the redo logs and needs such dictionary to convert all the internal ids found there to object names, column names, column datatypes and so on. Have a nice weekend Vit