Re: Database Archiving

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2017 23:37:04 -0400

On 08/24/2017 11:06 PM, Seth Miller wrote:
> Vishalaksha,
>
> There are some people on this forum...well only one actually...that
> try to answer on behalf of others. Mladen has a right to his own
> opinion but not the slightest scintilla to mine.

Seth, I have never claimed to have a right to your opinion.

> I will not be so arrogant to assume you are working on a database
> warehouse project based on your original email but if you are, that is
> definitely valid information.

Well, let's see: moving data from one database to another for the purpose of preserving data. What could it be? It walks like ETL and it quacks like ETL.

> Mladen's opinion that FDA is not being used by many people has no
> relevance whatsoever to the conversation or whether or not it is a
> good solution for your environment.

Mladen's opinion doesn't have anything to do with _the fact_ that FDA is not a good solution for his problem. The OP explicitly specified that he wants to move data from one DB to another over DB links. FDA doesn't do that. That means that FDA is not a solution to his problem. And if people were buying FDA, Oracle would have not given it away. That is my opinion, based on experience.

> While he will continue to attempt to hijack this thread, please
> continue to interact with the rest of this forum. Most of us want to
> help and share relevant information.

Actually, you are hijacking this thread with an inane personal attack to which I will not respond. I offered a solution which, as opposed to FDA, does exactly what the OP has specified. I will let the OP to judge who has helped and who has attempted to hijack the thread.

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA