Re: Oracle Clusterware

From: Franky Weber Faust <weber08weber_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2017 15:10:39 -0300

For the Oracle Clusterware failover capability you don't have to pay for the RAC option (unless you are talking about RAC One Node), but as far as I know you must license all nodes of the cluster that may work as a DR for the database with the EE license.

As Andrew mentioned, you can use RAC free from licensing in a SE/SE2 environment. I think your case is the one I mentioned.

*Kind regards / Cordialmente / Saludos cordiales / Sincères amitiés / Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Cordiali saluti,*

Franky Weber Faust
Oracle DBA
Skype: franky.faust