Analyzing MySQL Workbench files

From: Stéphane Faroult <sfaroult_at_roughsea.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2017 20:16:56 +0800

Hi listers,

I mentioned some time ago that I was writing a tool to analyze (and grade) database models submitted as a .mwb file. I'm obviously readying myself to teach a database to 200 Chinese students this Fall (lecturing never was the problem ...) but I believe that it can be also used as a feedback tool for whomever uses MySQL Workbench. The present version performs 17 different tests; of course, it says nothing of the suitability of the model for any purpose but it will report on many too common mistakes.

It's here:

https://github.com/sfaroult/mwbgrader

Enjoy,

S. Faroult